Search the forum,

Discuss Positional Tolerance for Wall Mounted Toilet in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am replacing a previously installed wall mounted toilet with a new one. I checked the positions of the bolts and the outlet and they are in a good to within 1mm accuracy. However the inlet from the wall cistern is about 5mm deviated to the 7:30 position (down and to the left when looking at the wall).

The toilet inlet is a 45mm OD plastic pipe going straight from a Geberit wall mounted cistern with a push fit connection and plugging directly into the wall mounted toilet. Total length of the 45mm connecting pipe between the cistern and the toilet is of the order of 80mm.

Mechanically I think I can probably jimmy everything together (there is some give on the pan connector) so it fits, but my question is whether there is something extra I should be doing to account for the strain on the fittings like looking for a deviated pipe, or are these sort of tolerances OK for fitting a wall toilet?

Mike

Should be enough play in the finned connectors to work.
If necessary the flush pipe can be ‘bent’ slightly to overcome such a problem. (Plug pipe , heat up some sand with blowtorch, fill pipe, apply slight pressure to introduce minor bend - hold in place and allow to cool. I know this sounds a bit caveman but it works and stops the pipe kinking/rippling)
However I don’t think it will be needed in your case. Fit the pan as usual and monitor for a few flushes before siliconing.

Should be enough play in the finned connectors to work.
If necessary the flush pipe can be ‘bent’ slightly to overcome such a problem. (Plug pipe , heat up some sand with blowtorch, fill pipe, apply slight pressure to introduce minor bend - hold in place and allow to cool. I know this sounds a bit caveman but it works and stops the pipe kinking/rippling)
However I don’t think it will be needed in your case. Fit the pan as usual and monitor for a few flushes before siliconing.
Cheers Ben-gee: I never thought of heating the sand before pouring it in. Will have to give that a go some day!

Reply to Positional Tolerance for Wall Mounted Toilet in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock