Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Boiler on the Blink... Literally! All Lights Flashing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

W

Worcester Boiler broken

My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href="View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE
">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the lights on the display flash on for a short duration, up to about a second, before turning off for a little longer than that and then flashing on again... and so on over and over.

About maybe 6 days ago, I turned on the radiator in the living room, which had been off for a long time (maybe two years?), but I don't know whether that is likely to have caused any issues? About 3 days ago, the boiler was not working and when I came down to look at it, all the lights on the display were on. However, holding the reset button seemed to fix the issue. Then yesterday evening, I noticed that the house was getting cold and went to investigated. The boiler was flashing its light repeatedly and nothing I could do would alter that.

I bled the radiators and took a lot of air out of the system, which dropped the pressure down, so I added some more cold water to the system. I guess the living room radiator may have been almost totally empty, so there could have been a fair amount of air in the system for a few days.

Eventually I powered off the boiler at the wall, added more blankets to my bed and left it. I filmed this morning as I turned it back on, but it showed the same issue.

It seems like the length of the flashes changes slowly, from tiny to maybe more than a second long. On the longer flashes, the boiler makes a louder "buzz" or "groan" sort of noise which is suddenly cut off when the lights all go off for the next flash cycle.

I am in a bit of trouble financially until the end of the month as I had to pay for car and house insurance renewal, so would really like to be able to fix this myself if possible - even if it is only a temporary fix for a week or so; do you know what is up and might it be something I could fix or mitigate? Thank you for your time!

PS. I saw this question: Worcester Bosch 35CDi - All lights flashing problem - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/worcester-bosch-35cdi-all-lights-flashing-problem.130084/#gsc.tab=0, but it contains no answers.

pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say

Reply to Worcester Boiler on the Blink... Literally! All Lights Flashing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock