Search the forum,

Discuss internet access room thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy8888

Gas Engineer
Hi all
Had a email from a customer about installing a room thermostat that[FONT=&quot] can be control from a PC/laptop/smartphone on the internet.[/FONT] I have never install one before, so can anyone point me in the right direction. thanks.

£125 plus vat fm my local independant on offer at present

Why? Just something else to go wrong and get kranky phone calls. Specially if its made by salus.

I suppose when your remote alarm goes off when you are on holiday, you can flick the heating on for the burglars, the way this country is going, they would most likely sue you for frost bite if you didn't.

Siemens do one in Europe but won't work here apparently. More iPhone rubbish. Can't wait for the boiler install app. Sit in your van while app does all the work..... Currently it's an app rententic one day it will be an app!

Siemens do one in Europe but won't work here apparently. More iPhone rubbish. Can't wait for the boiler install app. Sit in your van while app does all the work..... Currently it's an app rententic one day it will be an app!

Id settle for an app that tells custard how to top up there boilers and turn room stats up .

This is the future lads get use to it or get left behind, bet Worcester will have
this in his inventory or something like it, the controls industry is on a roll.

When the power cuts come later this year make sure all your old battery backup
programmers are all OK or they will need re-setting when the power comes back on.

I will bet Worcester Bosch are working on an Iphone programmer right now, if there is money
in it and it can save energy it will sell, the UK is in a hell of a mess with energy supplies and it is no joke.

Which phone have you got?? untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Heatmiser unit at home. Installed it as a couple of clients had asked and wanted to know if it was viable.

It works and does the job but is not as easy as a wired programmer and room stat. If you are comfortable with IP addresses, ports and changing settings within your router to set static IP's for stats you will be fine but I would be cautious of installing in a clients house if they didn't have the same knowledge for fear of callbacks. You can access the stats away from home via the app by opening ports on the router and then using a web browser or app to change settings.

It also works as a standalone unit which you can directly program but the interface is lacking compared to a Honeywell.

Heatmiser have an iPad and iPhone app that works well, it has been updated to allow multiple logins which was a big problem on earlier versions.

If you want to explore further custom firmware is now available from other sources so you can totally re programme the unit and the way it functions and make it non Heatmiser.

You can also access the web server within the programmer using a Pearl script to log time v temperature allowing you to plot time it takes for building to heat up and then cool down against outside temperature, think of it as weather compensation on steroids.

https://code.google.com/p/heatmiser-wifi/

I'm overall happy with it but the wife would prefer a ST9400C and a room stat :)

That's a good idea, choose one and fit one at home to evaluate it, better still let your electrician buy one and test it, much to complex for a plumber (only choking) :50:

The present BRs two zone valves blah blah is entry level, to really save energy you need to try harder, this government try their best, but it's not good enough to save us. in 1974 we had the three day week and power cuts, it was interesting to say the least and it looks like it's coming again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of more zones.... Have you any experience of the programmable motorised TRV's? In my experience they make too much of a racket when adjusting.

I need to find the right balance between price and noise as it would be an easy upgrade for me to sell to some customers.

Talking of more zones.... Have you any experience of the programmable motorised TRV's? In my experience they make too much of a racket when adjusting.

I need to find the right balance between price and noise as it would be an easy upgrade for me to sell to some customers.

I have 9 Terriers at home. just turn off the hearing aids, can't imagine you will get a silent motor it takes some torque to push down the stem on a rad valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to internet access room thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
I've got a Glowworm Flexicom 24hx boiler and I'm trying to unplug the installer cartridge in order to wire up the ebus connection inside. From what I've read, it should be possible to do this without opening the boiler, but there is limited access around the boiler and I'm struggling! From the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock