Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a new coil in a 200lt galvanized cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The internal coil is corroded (leaking) Its an indirect storage cylinder so there's no health problems...But changing
the cylinger is complicated. I'm looking for a flanged retrofit spiral coil with flange. Any suggestions? Thanks Justin

The coil is obviously corroded so I intend to put a new indirect coil and install it in a similar way as in the attached photo and to plug off the existing indirect connections
What I need is where to locate Essex type flanges in large size to adapt to the cylinder which is about 2mt high and 75cms wide galvanized
The reason not to change the cylinder is that it was installed during construction and is very difficult to exchange without huge pipework and brickwork alterations.
Impossible to put into a lift and limited room in stairs (5th floor)

Attachments

• coil 1.jpg
    coil 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Coil 2.jpg
    Coil 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Cylinder.jpg
    Cylinder.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Reply to Installing a new coil in a 200lt galvanized cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Trying to add a shower into a small bathroom, I'm looking at moving my hot water cylinder to the loft. Currently, I have a vented 200L cylinder (in the bathroom) with the principal source of heat being an Economy 7 setup, which gives adequate hot water for our needs. The cylinder also has an...
Replies
Views
Hi, Moved in to 1980s bungalow in the last year. Doing renovations and manging things myself (I'm a qualified sparky -- clueless about plumbing until recently!)... New bathroom with all new domestic plumbing going in. Cylinder position is changing and new cylinder going in. Need to switch from...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've previously created a thread about my Megaflo issues in the past, Baxi have agreed to replace the cylinder as an appliance change under warranty. May I ask if you you guys can have a look at my install and recommend any optimisations, prior to Baxi installing the new cylinder. I do...
Replies
Views
Advice on Install a new Electric Shower for shower cubicle and keep using the unvented cylinder water heater for bathtub I have an Unvented Cylinder Water heater 125 litre (MegaFlo) in an apartment of ( 15 years old) Currently it is not really capable of delivering enough hot water for more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock