Discuss Identification problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlead1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. I have received an email form a retired London cabbie, a friend who now lives in France and has little knowledge of his plumbing / heating system. He has a drip from a valve that flows in to what sounds like a tundish, leading me to think it an unvented system. The unit is ARISTON MOD 300 AXSM when goggled i can only get french text / info(i must have been off the day we done that at school) which does not make sence to me. Can anybody help? So i may be able to provide him with possiable faults before he contacts local plumbers. He paranoid of being ripped off ( A cabbie and a yid)

sounds like a temperature / pressure relief valve letting by, I havent time to check this morning but I will look at the product tonght when i get back. where in france is yer mate?
regards
Mike

this may help
if the drip is on a valve with a red or black top on it ,you need to replace it.
but this may be for a reason the hot water may be to hot.
the thermostat may need replacing
this can start the drip

is this the boiler below

Ariston

Hi Thanks for the replies. He live in Calvados, Normandy. I have emailed the ariston link so he can confirm if this is the unit, Thanks again.

by the way its ok to call a person a yid
so if you had a mate who is catholic, you would say i have a mate in france he is a catholic

Hi. I have received an email form a retired London cabbie, a friend who now lives in France and has little knowledge of his plumbing / heating system. He has a drip from a valve that flows in to what sounds like a tundish, leading me to think it an unvented system. The unit is ARISTON MOD 300 AXSM when goggled i can only get french text / info(i must have been off the day we done that at school) which does not make sence to me. Can anybody help? So i may be able to provide him with possiable faults before he contacts local plumbers. He paranoid of being ripped off ( A cabbie and a yid)

Hi. Thanks for replies. It sorted. I emailed the info and he emailed back saying is was the pressure reducing valve playing up, so the French plumber removed and replaced. Thanks again

For all those interested, this sounds like what is known in France as a "Groupe de securitie, a combined shut off valve, over pressure valve/safety valve, with a combined air gap trap and waste, the valve is set to lift at 6 bar, the cylinders (ballons in French) are nearly always steel, some glass lined, or stainless steel, don't scoff or throw your hands up in horror, about the dangers of unvented systems, I have lived in France for 20 years now, and only heard of one possibly blowing up, and seeing that was in Corsica, and in a government office, the odds are that it was one of the boys (like the IRA in the UK) having a "crack" at the French government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identification problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock