Discuss Ideal Icos is noiley in the morning???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Did a power flush for a guy with an ideal icos boiler about 7 months ago, recently they have got back in touch as the boiler makes a "funny screachy noise" but it only happens when the boiler kicks in first thing in the morning, i went over at 4 pm and it was quiet as a mouse, what could be causing it to make a funny noise when the system is cold?

its a bit hard to suss out when the boiler behaves everytime i go over there, lol.

hope someone has an idea,

Cheers all

J

I've not worked on an icos recently but I do alot of repairs on ideal isars which I'm pretty sure they are pretty much similar appliances. Icos-system boiler,isar-combi boiler. one of The big issues I find with the isar is that the condensate 's' trap inside the appliance chokes up very easily. This can cause noises within the boiler. It mite be worthwhile having a look at this. Granted if this was the case then it's got nothing to do with u having done your p/flush. Obviously the usual suspects - pump/fan/flue might be causing this noise but again as u say it would be great if u could hear the noise

Had exactly the same problem with An ICOS HE24. Kettling noise first thing in the morning when it was heavy demand. Put the system pump to max and added some Fernox F3 which can be left in the tank. While not completely gone seems to have done the trick.

P.S. This was done after the British Gas came to look at it and could find an obvious fault even when I replicated the noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
could be fan,heat exchanger falling apart,insulation gaskets falling apart,boiler falling apart etc...etc... ok sorry not helpfull i just really hate ideals

agree with condensate issues,had quite a few do this.HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos is noiley in the morning???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock