Discuss How much would you charge/pay day rate for Gas Safe Engineer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys

Appreciate the input :cool:

gotta be looking at 250-300 a day mate, using your own tools ? so what if your core drill goes when drilling for a flue have to hire one, or stich drill you'd still want it replacing you gas safe registered? so what happens when your bill comes to renew off them or your refreshers, your analyser needs calibrating, fuel, van engine goes or new tyres, lose your grips, adjustables etc etc, or god forbid your van gets broken into, all in one week lol. 500 quid a week isnt gonna pay all that, your mortgage, kids, holidays and offset your 4 years of training? or the price of your quick fix course which ever route you took.

and if you charge 100 quid a day, whats mr heating engineer going to think round the corner charging 300? he'll do his homework on you mate, soon have rumours going round why your so cheap etc etc.

You make some very good points mate.
I have been doing some weekend work paying much more than £100 a day but had it in my head it would be worth working 'cheap' for them until Id got my feet under the table so to speak!!

I should have mentioned that SDS drill, core drill and bits and analyser are loaned to me by them.
But still, van insurance, tax, Gas safe reg fees, NICEIC reg fees should be factored in to my day rate for sure and I had really been allowing these as 'paid for' by weekend jobs and my own gas jobs during the week (trying to build my own customer base up!)

But dont worry chaps, I havent lowered the tone in my area (yet) with regards to day rates and I WONT be doing it now Ive had some feedback from you lot!!!

I would rather not take the work than do it for less than £250 a day now Ive actually done my sums :eek:.

On my own jobs I charge £35 per hour which for an 8 hour day is £280 but my problem is not having enough work yet to 'go it alone' hence why I nearly sold myself short..... :eek:

Very glad I made this thread now,......

Last edited:
I think PQE is important and lets not forget HRT, FSQ, LBC, FW and PPE

TTFN - Fuzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much would you charge/pay day rate for Gas Safe Engineer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
L
Hi, Im looking for a plumber / Gas safe engineer to join Delta Plumbing Ltd in North London, Enfield. We are looking for a competent engineer...
Replies
Views
Loucas
L
U
Share this about please everyone, thanks: JOB ADVERT FOR LONDON & ESSEX AREA JLC PROPERTY SERVICES LTD are based in Basildon Essex. Gas Safe...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
bout ye boyos. . . . . and girlies if any i gotta problem! last time i had problem, you boyos (and girlies) were very helpful in providing...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock