Search the forum,

Discuss How many litrees per minute do I have ? and need ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebooth

Hi
I'm new to this site. Hoping someone can help!

I want to fit a deluge shower( maybe Mira atom with diverter) and would like to know how many litres per minute I need ?
I have a standard gravity feed system .5 bar between the cold tank and shower head.
The feed is through 22mm pipe until the last 10 foot/3 meters where it splits into 15mm to feed 2 shower rooms.

Do I have enough water ? to make it work properly and
How much water should I be getting from cold + hot pipe.

Hoping for a unanimuse answer Local plumbers merchants are divided.:cuss:

Regards:D Eddie

Hard to tell without seeing, but from the sound of it you won't have enough water pressure, probably more like drizzle than drench. Will need a pump.

i agree sounds like you will need a pump. are you sure you have .5 bar your cold water tank has to be 5m above the hot water cylinder for that.

Thanks
How many litres per minute per minute do I need ? as maybe I could connect 22mm through to 1 shower room ?

yes
I have large 3 storey house. cold tank definately 5 meters from shower head.

What does the shower manufacturer recommend? ("deluge" shower could mean anything)?

Highly unlikely that it would work well enough on gravity even on 22, with a thermostatic valve it increases resistance as well. I've had to correct a few installations where people have had a 'builder' change their bathroom/shower room and gone from standard shower to thermostatic and can p faster. I'd definitely be looking at a stuart turner pump.

Thanks
Like life its complex
As this is a large house converted to a B&B and I have 5 other bath/shower rooms. I can get enough for a normal shower in all rooms IF I use a oversized diameter shower hose and free flowing shower head. Thats why I thought in my naievity that a deluge shower would let more water through. Especially seeing this shower room is one of 2 on the ground floor and has more pressure than the rest
Howerver if a pumps needed a pumps needed it is now a case of How big a pump?
If this will improve flow rate everwhere so much the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many litrees per minute do I have ? and need ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock