Search the forum,

Discuss How many litrees per minute do I have ? and need ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebooth

Hi
I'm new to this site. Hoping someone can help!

I want to fit a deluge shower( maybe Mira atom with diverter) and would like to know how many litres per minute I need ?
I have a standard gravity feed system .5 bar between the cold tank and shower head.
The feed is through 22mm pipe until the last 10 foot/3 meters where it splits into 15mm to feed 2 shower rooms.

Do I have enough water ? to make it work properly and
How much water should I be getting from cold + hot pipe.

Hoping for a unanimuse answer Local plumbers merchants are divided.:cuss:

Regards:D Eddie

Hard to tell without seeing, but from the sound of it you won't have enough water pressure, probably more like drizzle than drench. Will need a pump.

i agree sounds like you will need a pump. are you sure you have .5 bar your cold water tank has to be 5m above the hot water cylinder for that.

Thanks
How many litres per minute per minute do I need ? as maybe I could connect 22mm through to 1 shower room ?

yes
I have large 3 storey house. cold tank definately 5 meters from shower head.

What does the shower manufacturer recommend? ("deluge" shower could mean anything)?

Highly unlikely that it would work well enough on gravity even on 22, with a thermostatic valve it increases resistance as well. I've had to correct a few installations where people have had a 'builder' change their bathroom/shower room and gone from standard shower to thermostatic and can p faster. I'd definitely be looking at a stuart turner pump.

Thanks
Like life its complex
As this is a large house converted to a B&B and I have 5 other bath/shower rooms. I can get enough for a normal shower in all rooms IF I use a oversized diameter shower hose and free flowing shower head. Thats why I thought in my naievity that a deluge shower would let more water through. Especially seeing this shower room is one of 2 on the ground floor and has more pressure than the rest
Howerver if a pumps needed a pumps needed it is now a case of How big a pump?
If this will improve flow rate everwhere so much the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many litrees per minute do I have ? and need ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I want to install a Mira digital shower, Gravity fed system I have the correct shower, my cylinder is downstairs but I currently have an old type electric shower HOT and COLD fed from the loft on isolators . there's limited space in the attic to get to the tank but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock