Discuss how can i join a combi with a unvented cylinder?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rhysscott

hi im trying to link a combi with a unvented cylinder so whn the cylinder is not up to temp the combi will be used but when the cylinder is up 2 temp then that would be used, it had to be auto and the cold is balanced through the house, any1 know whats the best way to do this?
thanks rhys

Hi.I can understand your idea. But the potential cost and aggravation such a system may lead to would be a no no for me. Controlling mains water automatically will require solenoid type valves, the instant shut-off creates noise (water hammer) when operated whilst water is running. Not to mention the potencial maintenace costs. Have you considered supplying say the kitchen sink and one shower via the combi and the rest of the appliances via the unvented? The quick heat up time associated with indirect unvented allow you to manage time. An easier option than engineering it. Good Luck

easiest solution would be to use a solar valve for combi/unvented systems as justlead says it would ****ing expensive cant really see the point of doing it

yeah thought of the solar valve but the flow rate of the water would drop as it passes through the combi, and dont really want to drop the flow rate, , i have looked at a GRANT COMBISOL valve but cant find much about them any1 used 1 b4??

i have heard of people spitting the system, using combi hot water for kitchen and unvented for bathrooms, then u gotta put in a s or y plan aswell, i never saw the point of complicating things, a unvented with a high efficiency coil gives such quick heat recovery its almost a combi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how can i join a combi with a unvented cylinder?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock