Discuss Honeywell wireless thermostat controllers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

achorley

My mother has a Worcester boiler, connected to a Honeywell wireless receiver which is controlled by a Honeywell CM921 thermostatic controller.

Due to limited mobility she'd like to be able to have a second controller (so one upstairs and one downstairs) can I simply get her 2 second wireless controller? ie. Will the receiver connect to two controllers, and if so what's the simplest\cheapest model?

any help\advice greatly appreciated.

no you couldnt (dont think so) your best bet to check is phone Honeywell tech up and ask them if they way no you could go down the route of wired thermo stat

What does she want to control from upstairs? Temperature / Time /On Off?

As people get older their heating needs change significantly.

We recently fitted a programmable stat for my parents, OK only one stat (in the hall) , however by altering the heating temperature 4 times a day, breakfast, morning, afternoon, evening. They now have a great, simple set up that they don't alter - yes it took a while {a few weeks of alterations} to set up and change the times and the temperatures, it was worthwhile though.

See the recent thread: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/85631-hotter-less-gas.html , setting back and increasing temperatures is usually more efficient than switching on / off / tweaking up and down on an ad-hoc basis.

If it's wireless it can be removed from wall and fitted with the free standing base kit (as supplied with all Honeywell wireless stats), and therefore she can take it in to which ever room she is occupying.

If it's wireless it can be removed from wall and fitted with the free standing base kit (as supplied with all Honeywell wireless stats), and therefore she can take it in to which ever room she is occupying.
That's true, but you have to be careful if there is a TRV on the rad in the room.

If the TRV is set to a lower temperature then the wireless stat will never reach temperature, so the boiler never turn off. It's OK if the TRV is set to a higher temperature as the room stat will turn the boiler off.

I had a customer who put it next to their wood burner and then rang me to say the central heating wasn't working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell wireless thermostat controllers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Hi , My wireless thermostat, has become water damaged and is toast , no longer displays anything (long story), it is a boss bps242rf and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock