Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless thermostat issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi , My wireless thermostat, has become water damaged and is toast , no longer displays anything (long story), it is a boss
bps242rf and the receiver is a BR1, can anyone tell me if there is just a wireless thermostat (transmitter) that I can buy that will bind to the existing receiver (BR1) it appears remarkably like the Siemens rdj100rf/set so I am wondering if it is a repackaged Siemens unit.
Or Would I need to buy a receiver and wireless thermostat transmitter pack ?
If I could avoid installing a new receiver it would be better due to its location and obviously the extra work/cost etc

Thanks

It is a re badged Siemens.
I would personally get shut completely recivers were always a problem.
We use EPH combi pack 4 as replacement good solid unit.

It is a re badged Siemens.
I would personally get shut completely recivers were always a problem.
We use EPH combi pack 4 as replacement good solid unit.
That looks really good and good price,
Is the wiring the same ? is it literally a straight swap would you know ? If so I am going to go for it , cheers

We have in our housing stock loads of those Siemens/Boss ones, not had many issues and I actually have some ”spare” receivers. The EPH one may need some minor wiring adjustments.

We have in our housing stock loads of those Siemens/Boss ones, not had many issues and I actually have some ”spare” receivers. The EPH one may need some minor wiring adjustments.
Hello mate, it's the actual portable thermostat/ transmitter I need, do you have any of those ?

Hello mate, it's the actual portable thermostat/ transmitter I need, do you have any of those ?
I would have to check, but I don’t have my van currently. If I did they wouldn’t be brand new, so could be better going for the newer eph. The receiver’s I have are unused.

I would have to check, but I don’t have my van currently. If I did they wouldn’t be brand new, so could be better going for the newer eph. The receiver’s I have are unused.
I got a second hand unit through an eB@y auction yesterday, literally stumbled upon it, hardly any of them anywhere, can't buy them new must be discontinued, and although the Siemens are practically identical I wasn't 100% sure if a Siemens transmitter would bind to my receiver, can't see why it wouldn't in theory but , hopefully can bind the one I won as it is the exact model, comes Tuesday so hope it stays mild until next week, because apparently we have some more weather coming, if after everything it's no good,
I will go the eph route, it's a last resort because of the location of the existing receiver, I was looking for a way to bypass the stat so I can turn the heating on directly on the boiler as there are no controls, if anyone knows?
Veissmann 100w

Yes the Siemens would bind to the boss one, I have done this myself with the ones we have. Is there an override on the receiver? If not, then it would be a case of joining the x2 switch wires (Lx and L1 iirc) to temporarily override the heating.

Reply to Wireless thermostat issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock