Discuss hole saw kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt19rown

Hi, which hole saw kit would you recommened please, for general plumbing?

looking at £50-£60 bracket.

Matt

what ever kit you buy ill gaurantee it will not contain the size you wont and youll have to buy an extra cutter

This is the kit I've got [DLMURL="http://www.building-supplies-online.co.uk/starrett-ks2000p-plumbers-holesaw-kit-15556-p.asp?gclid=CK__l8PS3bECFUQMfAodb1EA0w"]Starrett KS2000P Plumbers Holesaw Kit[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bosch hole saws are great, they seem to last a lot better than the cheapy ones as well.

Bosch or Starret at a minimum.
The cheapo ones are ok if you are going through soft stuff, ie plasterboard fascia etc.
Try one a worktop or astracast sink, and it will have less teeth left than Shane Macgowan!!

I have recently upgraded from a toolstation jobbie to a rothenburger set and have been suitably impressed.

I recently bought the Bosch set which has a quick change function and it's brilliant. I used the 50mm one on a cast iron gutter to cut an outlet and it went through it no problem and still remained sharp and usable. The Bosch carbide hole saws are the best in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hole saw kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back