Discuss hi- low limit stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a job today , heating not working , anyway fault was found as a faulty programer, but anyway, it was a solid fues system with gravity hot water and pumped heating with a indirect cylinder, the cylinder was piped up in 28mm and heating in 22, there were 2 stats on the gravity , one high limit on the hw flow set to 80oc and low limit on the hw ret set at 40 oc , cananybody tell me excactly what these do , there was also a room stat but no cylinder stat, and no motorised valves, there was an electrician on site, but he didnt know how it worked.............!!! also has anybody got a decent wiring diaram fo one of these?? thanks guys as always!!!

Pump held off until temp = 40 or greater

Pump enabled at 80 or over regardless of any other control

STAT DRWING.jpg

stats wired as above, hi to run pump when stove is getting to hot, low to mek sure pump doh run untill primary/gravity return is warmed up, this stops thermal shock inside the heat exchanger (pumping cold water into hot exchanger) which can cause bad corrosion.

cool , so its quitet easy in a way then ist it! thats for that lads! much apreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hi- low limit stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello, Newly moved into a house with a mains fed cylinder system. I've never had one before and struggling to get it working. When I turn either...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant...
Replies
Views
Back