Discuss Hi all, advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steak_and_chips

Hi,

I'm 25 and a journalism graduate from Walhamstow in east London. I'm quite keen to go into plumbing due to the potential money and it just seems like an interesting career.

I feel the best way to do so is through a college rather then a quick course.

I'm concerned about the length of time it could take to get qualified enough to work, but feel evening classes are the only way to go as I would probably need to continue to work.

How long does it take before you sart earning decent money (over £20,000)?

I would be keen to eventually be self employed but to start with, is it best to start with someone like British Gas?

Just any general advice would be appreciated, i have looked on these forums and am still confused.

Is it best to get advice from the job centre? Local college? City & Guilds.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello steak_and_chips, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Re: Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumb

Hi "steak_and_chips",

I'm also 25 and have taken the decision to change career. I want to do this now whilst I don't have too many responsibilities.

I think the main problem of being our age is that it seems near impossible to get taken on as an apprentice. If there is anyone our age who has managed this I'd love to hear from you!

Good luck with you decision.

Re: Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumb

I did it at 45 so whats your problem, you both seem to be intelligent people, go and use it researching what you want to do without trying the easy option on the net, if your successful you may make the next step on the ladder otherwise dont bother as at least one of you has so far wasted a university education so dont waste someone elses opportunity at getting a vocational career. ps its not all it says in the red top papers, you have to work hard in this career to make any money and theres an awful lot of plumbers not earning a decent living at present.

hi steak and chips! i have enroled on a course with train 4 trade skills and never looked back! its learn from home so u learn around work and complete various practical assessments! i have learnt so much and amazed with what i know just from learning from home! once the course is complete i will have a city and guilds 6129 nvq level 2 and 3 and various other qualifictaions such as solar pane hweating, power flushing and lead weathering installation! i personally think this is the best way to train if you still weant to earn and learn! good luck

hi steak and chips! i have enroled on a course with train 4 trade skills and never looked back! its learn from home so u learn around work and complete various practical assessments! i have learnt so much and amazed with what i know just from learning from home! once the course is complete i will have a city and guilds 6129 nvq level 2 and 3 and various other qualifictaions such as solar pane hweating, power flushing and lead weathering installation! i personally think this is the best way to train if you still weant to earn and learn! good luck

Hi, you do know the 6129 isnt a NVQ? is it the 6129 or an NVQ you are doing?

Re: steak and chips

yeah i will be gaining the 6129 qualifictaion and alaso being NVQ assesed with my portfolio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi all, advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back