Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline Boiler - no power, blown fuses?? Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoseGaf

Firstly apologies as I'm a complete novice to boilers....the things not working hence I'm having to learn!
Came home from honeymoon last week to find the boiler wasn't on, no power. Checked the power feed to the boiler and this was fine as was the 3Amp fuse. Oven the unit where the power cable fed to and found 2 small 2 Amp glass fuses blown. I replaced these and everything seemed to work again.....later that day for no obvious reason they blew again, and then again!
Only other problem that may be a contributing factor is that there is a water leak which keeps dropping the boiler BAR pressure, keeps needing topping up....perhaps water is the problem??

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated please.

PS I know the boiler is not highly rated but we've only been in the house 3 months and I've got huge bills paying for my recent wedding so can't afford a new boiler....not yet anyway :(

Just tried another set of fuses just to watch and see what actually happens leading to the fuses blowing.....a couple of minutes after switching the power on and the boiler kicking into life I noticed smoke/steam from the '3 port valve motor' so obviously I turned the power off straight away........still no ideas if I'm looking at a repair or new combi boiler (gulp) ??!

Ahh!
Just when you mentioned the diverter it jogged the memory.
There is a common fault with these leaking at a seal and blowing the electrics. Needs new seal and the diverter rotated a bit to prevent any water running down again.

ah 6the diverter bush,aristons have this problem too as graham says you need a new bush and motor

many thanks Graham/Gasman...have just removed the 3 port diverter motor to reveal a hexagonal plastic fitting with an electrode type fitting at the centre...its all wet and still leking slowly....is this an easy enough and quick job for an engineer to sort or could I do this myself?.....have seen Diverter Valve Repair kits for sale online. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
the spares on there own are dear for heatline i dont think a bush is available so its a complete valve look here for a idea
[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/HEATLINE/HEATLINE-COMBI-BOILERS/VIZO-24-B-rated"]VIZO 24 B rated - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

the spares on there own are dear for heatline i dont think a bush is available so its a complete valve look here for a idea
[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/HEATLINE/HEATLINE-COMBI-BOILERS/VIZO-24-B-rated"]VIZO 24 B rated - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

do you not think the diverter valve repair kit would do it, these are £20 ish whilst the diverter valve is £100+? The leak is definitely coming from the hexagonal plastic fixing which fits into the valve. Cheers

yes the repair kit should do it,tbh i dont work on a lot of heatlines but parts for them are a rip off

great...just found a retailer near my work so can get tomorrow after work....will I need to drain the boiler or can I isolate the water in the system....? Cheers

you can just turn the in coming main and boiler flow and return isolation valves off, like 2 x 22mm and 1 x 15mm ball-a-fix valves under the Boiler. then let the pressure out the temperature and pressure relief valve which is inside the boiler, open a hot tap and also open the auto air vent if shut (also inside the boiler), this should drain most of the water inside the boiler, and then you can start your repair.

You can do it I am sure, you sound like you have some technical knowledge, hope you manage to sort it as I know weddings clear out the savings and leave you skint, let us know how you got on, Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Boiler - no power, blown fuses?? Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock