Discuss Going to install a Magnetic filter some help needed identifying pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yeah, I had a magnaclean a few years back that I had to take off to drain part of the system leaving the valves in place. When I came to reattach the actually plastic body to the valves I noticed the thread had gone and would not re-seal. I had to buy a whole new filter!

Yeah, I had a magnaclean a few years back that I had to take off to drain part of the system leaving the valves in place. When I came to reattach the actually plastic body to the valves I noticed the thread had gone and would not re-seal. I had to buy a whole new filter!

Old red label if you phone adey up they will supply you with a new one foc

Old red label if you phone adey up they will supply you with a new one foc
They wanted to charge me enough for a seal set and lid tool for a customer. I told them that the customer felt, like me, that a TF2 was a better solution than the cost of new seals every few years. I wasn't lying either.

They wanted to charge me enough for a seal set and lid tool for a customer. I told them that the customer felt, like me, that a TF2 was a better solution than the cost of new seals every few years. I wasn't lying either.

??

Translation:

Adey wanted to charge me when I enquired on behalf of a customer:

The lid spanner you require is product code BSPN1 – Cost £10.59p and the seal pack is product code SEAPKPRO – Cost £11.50p.

There will also be a delivery charge of £2.95.

In practice, the lid comes undone with grips and the customer told me that my cleaning it and greasing it up seemed to have worked for now, but if it leaked again, he'd just get me to replace it with a better model. I felt £11.50 for three O rings was a lot and that a plastic lid spanner should not be more expensive than a Britool metal spanner.

Translation:

Adey wanted to charge me when I enquired on behalf of a customer:

The lid spanner you require is product code BSPN1 – Cost £10.59p and the seal pack is product code SEAPKPRO – Cost £11.50p.

There will also be a delivery charge of £2.95.

In practice, the lid comes undone with grips and the customer told me that my cleaning it and greasing it up seemed to have worked for now, but if it leaked again, he'd just get me to replace it with a better model. I felt £11.50 for three O rings was a lot and that a plastic lid spanner should not be more expensive than a Britool metal spanner.

Speak to your adey rep / trade days mine gave me a few sets for any of the old ones but I don't touch the red labels any more due to issues

Speak to your adey rep / trade days mine gave me a few sets for any of the old ones but I don't touch the red labels any more due to issues
I doubt I'm big enough game for their interest, to be honest. Only ever bought one Magnaclean, and I prefer the FT2s anyway, so I'm unlikely to ever be an important customer, but thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to Going to install a Magnetic filter some help needed identifying pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock