Discuss Glow Worm ultracom 38cxi heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shedman

Hello, got possible problems with my 38cxi when in heating mode, once the boiler heats to the boiler s.p, once it exceeds the s.p by 2 degrees it resets and circulates for 5 or 6 minutes and the radiators cool to luke warm then it will ignite again and heat the radiators then the same thing again.
This is the first combi I have had , is this how it should operate :rolleyes:
any advice would be appreciated.
regards,
shedman.

Most modern boilers have a built in time delay between reaching temp and re light of burner to avoid cycling and increase efficencey

puddle thanks for the reply, I am finding that when the boiler fires up the forward temperature heats up very quickly (20- 30 seconds) two degree over s.p goes into anti cycling period, on checking the forward temp on d.40 and return on d.41 there is approx 12 degree difference, am I right to assume the anti cycling period is determine by setting on d.1 (water pump over run time for heating mode)which is set at 5 minutes, this could explain why the radiators are only luke warm when the boiler re ignites.:rolleyes:
regards,
shedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm ultracom 38cxi heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all We have a Glow Worm combi Ultracom 38cxi boiler fitted in our house, which has been running really well for the past 10 years. Recently we...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock