Search the forum,

Discuss General help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harley123

Hi There

I'm about to install a towel rail in the downstairs toilet and need some advice please. Directly above is my daughters bedroom, where there is a radiator installed. Now the radiator has a copper pipe coonected one end and then a seperate pipe connected the other end. How ould it be best to tap into these pipes to conect my towel rail, the obvious answer being to cut the return pipe and run the hot water return back via the towel rail, but just wanted to check with you guys first whether that is a good option, as I would think the pump could cope, but you never know

Many Thanks in advance

Gary

would'nt work. connect into flow drop down to towel rail and back up into return

2pipes to each rad, one is a flow and one is a return, all flows go together and all returns go together, thats the very basics of a system

then its pipe sizing,

by coming off the wrong size pipe this could cause other rads to cool down in lamens terms

if just one small additional rad q plumb they may get away with that one, good point though

First of all, many many thanks for everyone that has posted a comment, all verymuch appreciated.

Just to confirm my understanding

The flow to the rad (i.e. the pipe connected to the piece where you adjust the temp), I should tap off that into the flow of the Towel rail with a T piece.
The return from the rad (the other pipe!!), I should tap into that from the return from the towel rail with a T piece.

If that is correct, as I say, many thanks, if not can someone pleae cirrect me, as planning on doing soon.

All the vey best

First of all, many many thanks for everyone that has posted a comment, all verymuch appreciated.

Just to confirm my understanding

The flow to the rad (i.e. the pipe connected to the piece where you adjust the temp), I should tap off that into the flow of the Towel rail with a T piece.
The return from the rad (the other pipe!!), I should tap into that from the return from the towel rail with a T piece.

If that is correct, as I say, many thanks, if not can someone pleae cirrect me, as planning on doing soon.

All the vey best

YEP, Thats about it

Thanks Tom, I plan to do that as I'm replacing two downstairs rad's at the same time, but thanks for the tip :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock