Discuss Fungal growth around water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

highe5

I have a cold water feed pipe coming up into my bathroom to my toilet and where it comes out of the floor there is a light brown, fungal, mushroom like growth growing around the bottom of the pipe caused presumably by condensation dripping down the pipe and gathering where it emerges from the floor.

Does anyone know of the best method of treating this?

Strong bleach will do the trick me thinks,will kill it all off,fungus spores spread, so clean all around pipe ,surrounding floor and wall

imho

puddles on the ball again:cool: beware damp may have penetrated under floor boards regards turnpin

i had that once, apparently a mould growth around the water pipe then went to the doctor and prescribed betnovate. worked a treat in 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fungal growth around water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
I refer to modern purpose-built flats - built within the last 35 years, say. How common is it, in this type of accommodation, for the cold water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock