Search the forum,

Discuss Floor drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend wants to install a floor drain in his fish prep room, so he can wash down easier. He says hes been told that he can connect into a rainwater drain pipe running from roof through concrete floor, this is situated in far corner of unit. I dont think it is feasible, what are anyone elses thoughts. I'd love to be proven right.

Hi,

Not sure in which area of fish prep you mean (fileting or tropical fish):confused: Anyway a rainwater drain is there to dispose of rainwater so if it were me i would be looking to put a new drain in, which runs to the foul sewer this would prevent unknown possible contaniments entering the brooks and streams the rainwater disperses into, (assuming they are not a combined sysyem). The new drain maybe notifiable to building control because it may be classed as a controlled fitting, depends on where you live.

Last edited:
Fish prep will come under butchery or other animal waste which is classed as fluid category 5, so you might want to do some more digging into this matter first, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for your valuable responses copperman111 and lead-free, they back up how I felt. Yes it is a wet fish prep area.

need to talk to building regs asap and check the rules as life could become a bit interesting for you and your mate in the future

A friend wants to install a floor drain in his fish prep room, so he can wash down easier. He says hes been told that he can connect into a rainwater drain pipe running from roof through concrete floor, this is situated in far corner of unit. I dont think it is feasible, what are anyone elses thoughts. I'd love to be proven right.
it depends on the drainage system you have in london most rainwaters feed into the foul drains so it wouldnt be a problem however if you have seperate rainwater drians it would be wrongfind where the rainwater pipe goes to and see if its the same drain as the wc if it is your ok

Many thanks for all your input, I've told him it isnt feasible in his situation and he has agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Floor drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock