Discuss find a burst mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ewan

hi
My question is Is there any way to check for a burst mains?
i was out at a blocked drain todayand the reason customer suspected blocked drain was because their drive was waterlogged. I rodded the drain and did clear some blockage but I think the waterlogging is more likely to be from burst mains. the sodden area is uphill from their mains and drain but downhill from their neighbours.

Fill a dozen buckets of water at the weekend for use
on a sunny day, turn water of at boundary box and at end of the day see if it dries out, then turn water back on and see if it starts to rise again.
run every cold supply in house and fill bathe to see if its discoulered/mud/.
then theres next door of course, call out water supplier, cost nothing for a check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isolate your stop tap.
Go to your external stop tap place your stop tap key on the cruch and place your ear on the key and listen.
If it is burst you will here a whistling noise as the water leavs the pipes and causes vibration.

thanks guys,will try ear to key next time. On this job turned out it was the neighbour who had the burst and I didnt get the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to find a burst mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock