Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE 31C: Intermittent hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I.Cannon

Heating works fine, hot water never gets to full temperature, eventually runs cold. If the hot water is ran for long enough it will eventually get lukewarm then back to cold and repeat the cycle, never getting fully hot nor fully cold.

When running the hot water, it slowly gets hot but never to the temperature set to (I've tried setting to both min and max water temperature, neither made any difference). The water then slowly cools to barely above that of the cold water tap.

Temperature readout on the boiler is accurate, the boiler knows the water isn't hot and never reaches 40 degrees celsius. Something is clearly making it shut off early. The burner can also be heard to lower and stop heating the water.

Replaced domestic heat exchanger

Fitted a replacement flow meter.

Boiler is only just over 5 years old and just out of warranty by 2 months, so sadly I'm out of luck on free repairs.

It could be the diverter but it doesn't seem to be as far we can tell.

My Father is the plumber gas safe registered etc, I'm just posting on his behalf, kinda, as it's my boiler.

I had read them, just misunderstood the specifics as there are old archived posts in which people have speculated various faults with this boiler model.

My dad will be phoning a ferroli rep tomorrow anyway, I was just hoping for any advice on which direction to point him, as the rep was sure it would be the flow meter.

I doubt he has the patience with computers to register himself, get 10 posts, then contact an admin to get his gas safe credentials checked out. I'll try and sell the idea to him.

Kinda worried how this reads now, I'm not a kid at home. I'm a computer science graduate who left home a decade ago. So I fix his computer, he fixes my boiler =p I understand the need to keep such advice among those qualified, consequences of getting things wrong a far more serious than if I forget to plug in a cpu fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax HE 31C: Intermittent hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working fine and have to use it for the water to be hot. No fault codes. Clicking noise in the pcb on trying for hot water? Things I have checked. Diverter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock