Search the forum,

Discuss Why is my newish boiler useless at providing warm water? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system.
The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold water each day. The boiler in question is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 38CDi Classic. I live in a bungalow so everything is all on one floor. Engineers that have been to service the boiler each year blame the water pipes as being too slow to feed it.
Can anything be done please to improve this useless system?

I have had customers where I have installed a small unvented water heater (10l) at the point of use so there is no pipework full of cold water to run off before the hot gets there if the boiler is very remote.

If the boiler is at one end of the bungalow and your drawing off the other side of the bungalow then you will have 10m plus of pipework to draw off first before any hot water comes through

Is eco on or off at the boiler ?

Having to run up to 10 m plus to reach the tap seems a waste of energy and water in this day and age.

The boiler eco button is unlit so I suppose it is off.

Insulate the pipe ?

Reply to Why is my newish boiler useless at providing warm water? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock