Discuss ferroil f30 flow sansor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiedale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
called to NO dhw unless heating is on, found flow sensor had melted internals... can someone tell me how this happens ?

Just a ferroli being a ferroli.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

called to NO dhw unless heating is on, found flow sensor had melted internals... can someone tell me how this happens ?

If it's a 240v microswitch eventually they start arching!!! That generates heat and chattering usually :) Eventually everything fuses together :) That'd be my take anyways :)

Would that be a temp sensor not actual water flow ? If so I'd imagine it 's corrosion? 2nd guess any closer :)

no diamond, flow swithch/sensor

:) Okay so you're talking about the hot water flow sensor. Downloaded the mi's to get on the same page archiedale :). Never seen one in my life but notice that is has 3 wires and is on the 24v side of the PCB. So how does this fella detect the flow of water I wonder, I'm intrigued :) As far as it melting, I revert back to my first guess at arching going on inside, maybe due to water perhaps or dirty switch conections if it turns out to be a microswitch inside :)

F30 FS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroil f30 flow sansor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock