Search the forum,

Discuss Fault finding on a boiler with a multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Weyside minion

I'v been replacing and fitting new boilers for a few years now but not had to do much in the way of fault finding and fixing in side the. Recently been given a multimeter by my boss as I've been teaching myself to wire a complete heating system from scratch( which is going really well). So as to get the most out of the multimeter I've been looking on the web for help and have come across references about using it for fault finding on boilers but no detail as to what faults and the procedure of doing so. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm afraid you'll have to get your post count up to 10 then prove your gas safe registration to one of the mods before we can divulge any advice for working on gas appliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fault finding on a boiler with a multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating. Measuring the resistance around the room thermostat and the motorised valve together gives a lower total resistance than measuring the individual...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I’m still very new to boiler fault finding but was wondering whether you could advise me on a particular multimeter or tester that would help with fault finding? The wife has been a good one and got me a Martindale ET5 open jaw tester but I’m unsure whether they’re any good? I can’t...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber (no call to heat) I have been told that this is likely due to the 3 way valve or motor on it (Myson Power Extra). I am wondering whether to try and...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now completed damp proofing works & I need to extend these 4 pipes to go through the wall and into a new boiler room. This area will then be stud wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock