Search the forum,

Discuss Electrical fault finding? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Am I right in thinking that, in the UK, a new Class II light fitting should still have a CPC available to it (but that it would not be considered more than a recommendation on an EICR should the CPC be missing on an existing installation)?

Well, the requirement to have a cpc at each point has been in the regs for quite a few versions of the regs so its a C2 ......... problem is too many numptie DIYers, kitchen & bathroom fitters don't realise this and leave issues behind them

It was explained to me: if you provide a cpc (even though class 2 not required), it will protect the cable and end user/someone who may cut through the cable if done live? So there‘s still a path for current to flow other than person?

It was explained to me: if you provide a cpc (even though class 2 not required), it will protect the cable and end user/someone who may cut through the cable if done live? So there‘s still a path for current to flow other than person?
True, and in a typical modern UK installation, you'll be using twin and earth, so why not do it? It won't serve an actual purpose if the installation is made from single core cables run in conduit, however, which is sometimes done in the UK, but you'd need to find light switches that do not have exposed metal screws.

Well, the requirement to have a cpc at each point has been in the regs for quite a few versions of the regs so its a C2 ......... problem is too many numptie DIYers, kitchen & bathroom fitters don't realise this and leave issues behind them
I'm assuming it's common to find old unearthed installations extended using twin and earth, with the earth just not connected to anything, much like the bright spark over here decided to do?

If it’s connected one end yes

Reply to Electrical fault finding? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock