Discuss "Explosion ignition" and high bar pressure during use. Saunier Duval System 400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
New ignition system installed. A click before the gas fires back up and silence. Operating for 2hrs and no loud clatter. Can't believe how quite the operating noise is...

Good thing about the internet and forums like this is that you can push the Engineer to fix problems... with some basic understanding and examples.

This engineer was a good lad though his enthusiasm to investigate the problem wasn't there at the start but he did prevail. Maybe British Gas aren't that bad hahah

Also no extra cost for time fixing and component. This was a continuation of a paid 'service' to the boiler.

Cheers for feedback 'gasmarc' :)

get him to check the charge in the expansion vessel when he comes back 1 bar static to 3bar when hot is quite alot.

no problem ,if BG are advertising this great service avail of it if you want to save a fortune further down the like , I agree with plumberdarren and also ask him to check the automatic air vent has no signs of leaks and is not weeping, good luck

It's now reading just over 2 bar after 5hrs in operation.

It was £50 for a one of service, it just so happens that i mentioned the increase in noise after the service.

I'm guessing they usually charge for the extra time and cost of components but this guy was a goody :)

So far so good. *Touch wood*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Explosion ignition" and high bar pressure during use. Saunier Duval System 400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock