Search the forum,

Discuss Exam question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solid357

Hey guys i have turned to this forum to see if anyone would have any ideas as to what exactly i should write for this question:

The soil and vent pipe serving the main bathroom rises in the corner by the shower tray and the architect has specified that a primary ventilated stack system (single stack) is to be installed with all waste pipework in skirting boxings above floor level in the bathroom. What issues should you raise prior to the installation taking place if the joists in the property are running side to side (width ways to the property)?

Then as a sub question it asks:

Identify a possible solution to the main bathroom waste pipework problems identified??

I would fully appreciate if anyone has a idea as i can't seem to think of why it would be a problem if the waste pipework is above floor level anyway!!?

Try to visualise the trap on the shower if the tray was sitting flat on the floor.

You need to refer to the drawings provided. I seem to remember the issue on this question is about distances and required falls for all wastes entering the stack

listen during the lectures, all the information has been given to you already, if your not sure have a read of your text books and notes, sorry to seem unhelpful but I sometimes feel that some folks think they dont have to work and listen to pass exams but just hit the net.

Something to do with the lengths of the run and size of the waste pipe

Brilliant thanks for the help guys especially keefy. As for the lame plumber and the other guys your exactly what his name stats....lame I've clearly been looking to find out what the possibilities could of been which is why when I couldn't I seeked some help I thought that's what this forum is for. Clearly you shouldn't be on here Its not as though i have put my entire exam paper up have I!!!!!!?

Brilliant thanks for the help guys especially keefy. As for the lame plumber and the other guys your exactly what his name stats....lame I've clearly been looking to find out what the possibilities could of been which is why when I couldn't I seeked some help I thought that's what this forum is for. Clearly you shouldn't be on here Its not as though i have put my entire exam paper up have I!!!!!!?

Will do know harm to mention the shower trap but the core of the question is about lengths of waste runs and required falls and the regs that these must conform to.
If you look at the diagram you will see that that some of the distances exceed limits.

try staying awake in your lectures and you wouldnt have to get other people to do your exam for you after all its supposed to be your own work not mine, if you cant do it on your own now with all the books available how will you cope in the real world. Time to grow up

Last edited by a moderator:
People here were deliberately being vague with their answers in the hope it would encourage you to think for yourself. My two-pence worth was simply about raising the shower tray.

So, what was the full, official answer?

try staying awake in your lectures and you wouldnt have to get other people to do your exam for you after all its supposed to be your own work not mine, if you cant do it on your own now with all the books available how will you cope in the real world. Time to grow up[/QUOTE

People like you make me laugh. Everybody gets stuck now and then and have to ask somebody for some help it aint always because that person needs to grow up and read more. I highly doubt you got through all your exams you have ever taken without asking someone for some help on what a question is really asking you!

Yes Keefy it really did help me to think about the waste pipes i wasn't being sarcastic.

try staying awake in your lectures and you wouldnt have to get other people to do your exam for you after all its supposed to be your own work not mine, if you cant do it on your own now with all the books available how will you cope in the real world. Time to grow up[/QUOTE

People like you make me laugh. Everybody gets stuck now and then and have to ask somebody for some help it aint always because that person needs to grow up and read more. I highly doubt you got through all your exams you have ever taken without asking someone for some help on what a question is really asking you! You really are a low life "lame plumber" who probably leads a lonely life

Yes Keefy it really did help me to think about the waste pipes i wasn't being sarcastic.

This forum isnt for arguing between yourselves, I think lame plumber has a valid point about it being your own work. As for the original question it shouldnt really need anybody else's input, just go with your instinct, not all questions are set out to trip you up, sometimes it's easy to think that a question is too simple.

Chill out a bit

The issue is not with the shower cos thats close to the stack but look at the run to the bath & basin ! check Part H building Reg's what does it say about the lengths of un-ventilated runs & while you are there check out the max/min falls required for wastes.
So what are you going to do to over come these ???????
(Good old L3 system planning, gone now but not forgotten)

The issue is not with the shower cos thats close to the stack but look at the run to the bath & basin ! check Part H building Reg's what does it say about the lengths of un-ventilated runs & while you are there check out the max/min falls required for wastes.
So what are you going to do to over come these ???????
(Good old L3 system planning, gone now but not forgotten)

sub it out to another plumber

Not sorry to cause a stir, as I did do all my exams with all my own work, but in my 40s and funnily enough the youngsters that slept and didnt revise kept failing till they realised its not all on a plate. those that wanted to work in the trade woke up around yr 3 and the other 30 or so all quit. Not a sad old git really, even have a social life when able, just turning into victor m and ever more teed off with people not willing to pull their fingers out a bit to get somewhere, luckily we have CW on site who has a more reasoned nature to deal with kiddies

Just a tad older (well OK about ten years) call it regression if you will but I can still just about remember being a young man at college, learning to be a man at the same time as a plumber.
Don't get me wrong not all are angles but 99% are good at hart. Perhaps it is because we only train apprentices who are working in the industry & not boys & girls who have left school / or another work place because they or mummy though they might like to learn plumbing by attending a college course!!
God it must be catching !! I am also turning into victor m as well as you, lame.

honoury grumpie if your not careful. I enjoyed my hell with the lads at college, it was sad to see that some werent going to make it fm day one and that if you want to pass the exams a bit of work is required and that it is fairly easy to achieve a 90plus % pass rate, along with 2 of the other lads on course who are both good heating techies now. they just put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Exam question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below that is my ‘test rig’ screwed into the garage wall (same blocks as used in the bathroom). At present I have just over 28kg sitting on these brackets...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock