Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dual Flush Toilet - tank wont fill at all unless wobble lid (intermittent problem) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edwardpeck

Can I anyone help - I have a dual flush toilet and the tank wont fill unless my wife(!) wobbles the lid, and then it refills slowly wth a high pitched whine. The missus always claims I push the button wrong - but in truth the problem just seems to get worse :)

Any advice very welcome!

Re: Dual Flush Toilet - tank wont fill at all unless wobble lid (intermittent problem

sounds like you need a new ball valve

Re: Dual Flush Toilet - tank wont fill at all unless wobble lid (intermittent problem

is button sticking and only released when lid is wobbled?

OK - got to grips with how it is working, and it appears to be fixed. We had some really bad builders in who flooded our house twice when they fitted this toilet, and this was probably the only piece of work that had not been redone.

There appear to be two valves - the first which controls the flow of water from the mains (or in our case from the tank in the roof) into the toilet and the second with two buttons on it which controls the water out when it flushes. (sorry dont know the right names but assume from above the first is the ball valve).

The builders had jammed the first against the second so that the valve in the first could not move freely when the lid of the loo shifts even slightly. Depending on the position of the lid it would press harder or less hard against the valve. At worst it would jam it in the off position (when I press the button), and at best it would allow a tiny amount of water through (when my wife pressed the button).

When I pushed the button (usually in the middle of the night) it would usually jam in the off position, and the toilet would not refill. When my wife pushed it, it worked perfectly, but with that annoying whine ;)

I have moved the two apart, and the valve allowing water into the toilet now can move freely, the toilet would seem to fill quickly, and hasnt jammed so far. So fingers crossed.

No doubt if it is still wrong, I will find out in the middle of the night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual Flush Toilet - tank wont fill at all unless wobble lid (intermittent problem) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
The chrome dual flush button, placed centrally on cistern has a plastic screw like projection to which is attached a peg/clip. The outer surface...
Replies
Views
Pollycat76
P
Hi all, hope you're well. First of all I am trying desperately to fix the toilet myself. I have told the wife I can do it so my reputation as man...
Replies
Views
D
Wonder if anyone can help with this one. I have a toilet bought from B&Q about 7 years ago which has a push button dual flush and a cistern which...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone! I have a Lan Sanitary B228 flushing system that doesn't completely refill and instead slowly (but continuously) drains water down...
Replies
Views
Paulplumb
P
S
Hi folks, hoping someone can offer some advice regarding the above! just got home from a 2 week holiday last night to discover the toilet isn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock