Discuss Domestic Hot Water Pitching into loft tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dublin plumber

came across this in a 3 story house ! i suspect the expansion pipe is not high enough in loft as the roof is just over tank , how and ever , has anyone else come across this problem ?
col

If it is the domestic, it is boiling over. Electric immersion check the stat.

If the heating side it is piped wrong.

If it is the domestic, it is boiling over. Electric immersion check the stat.

If the heating side it is piped wrong.
its a pressurized heating system 1.5 bar , and it only pitches when heating is on , it may be fitted wrong , on in asking the customer more she said its always like that , since she moved in 3 years ago .we changed the ballcock , not that either .

The heating should have no effect on the domestic side.
Try raising the pressure to around 2.5 bar with the heating off and see if it runs then. If it does it is the coil.

The heating should have no effect on the domestic side.
Try raising the pressure to around 2.5 bar with the heating off and see if it runs then. If it does it is the coil.

hi that sound interesting , we just fitted a expansion vessel on heating side as vessel was gone in a Heatline boiler , and it wont go above 1.5 bar , but stays steady at that an not losing pressure , but as you say the coil , will have a look thanks

Check the incoming pressure first to see what you have.
It would need to be a pretty high house to take 1.5bar without running over the top. I would expect a 3 storey with tank fitted in the loft to be no more than 10m high (=1 bar). Pressure guages are not always accurate though and there will be a slight drop due to resistances in the pipework. As it will not rise above 1.5bar on the guage, with the heating off open the fill valve and look in the loft. The only place the water can mix is the coil unless someone has made a bolz up of the pipework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic Hot Water Pitching into loft tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back