Discuss Dishwasher not cleaning properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chassy

Dishwasher does not clean dishes properly. Have cleaned filter, jets etc.., checked powder (use tablets), water is hot but still leaves scum on mugs etc.. Any ideas?​

Not sure if it's any help but my washing machine is hopeless. Perfectly good water supply, clean filters, filled salt, etc. Just useless at washing.

What I didn't know is that if I'd kept the receipt for more than a year then you can still claim against the place of purchase as it's not doing its job/not fit for purpose (or whatever expression it is) as described in the Sales of Goods Act (whichever year it is these days).

If you have the receipt you have something like five years you can claim irrespective of its warranty/guarantee.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure about this, but if you have the receipt it might be worth investigating.

We had this recently. i removed the rotary arms, which is simplicity its self on our model. The little jets were completely crudded up. So I spent half hour cleaning them out.

The next wash after this was amazing. The glasses looked like the ones on the adverts!!!! LOL. So try doing that.

I hope you have the same result we did.

Danny

My dishwasher was playing up too.

I bought her chocolates...........

I cleaned rotary arams as well makes no difference seems to be upper compartment which leaves most scum. Its a NEFF. Its about 8 or 9 years old.

have you tried using one of those cleaning bottles that you put in the cutlery basket and run a cleaning cycle with nothing else in the dishwasher.

Chassy - you didn't mention if you'd checked the drainage. Check that the wastes/traps are clear and running as it could be that the murky water is not getting away quick enough. Other than that I'm fresh out of ideas.

My own dishwasher was doing same think strped it down cleaned everythink checked pump
Still did same think
Got a new one last week
Can't live without dishwasher I'd have to help wash them noooooooooooooooooo
Lol

Cleaning bottle - whats it called and where do i get it?? Like the jokes btw!

you can get the cleaning bottles from tesco and all the other supermarkets just look in the aisle where they have the dishwasher tablets etc.

Just one other question - what is best way to check waste/traps are clear? I've cleaned everything else, filters, rotary arms etc..

Dismantle trap.....I use a wet/dry vac.
If it goes into say bowl and a half waste...is the sink draining ok?
Remove connection and check clear.
I remove non-return valve and put vac on pipework.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time to buy a new one as the old one has had eNEFF!!!!!!...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher not cleaning properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Question about both water supply pressure and drainage requirements to run x2 dishwashers and kitchen sink. We are currently having a house built...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, My kitchen sink waste pipes, which also take the drain hoses from the washing machine and the dishwasher (see attached photo) are...
Replies
Views
Hello all I will be as brief as possible. The flat i have rented has a stale drain smell in the kitchen living room. Second floor of 4 story block...
Replies
Views
This one has been bugging me for days so thought would run it by you guys in case I'm missing something really obvious. Had a call off someone...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock