Search the forum,

Discuss Water supply and drainage for x2 dishwasher / sink in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Question about both water supply pressure and drainage requirements to run x2 dishwashers and kitchen sink.

We are currently having a house built and this is the pipe set-up that has been installed. Our understanding is the supply is directly linked to mains supply via a junction point approx. 3m below floor height (I.e. not via a water tank). We have low confidence that the builders know our specifications for two dishwashers rather than one, based on previous comms. We cannot get an independent opinion as the construction site is locked out and we cannot gain access.

Does this set up look Ok to provide sufficient water pressure to run all three items simultaneously? Similarly, does the sewer pipe look sufficient to provide sufficient drainage and reduce the risk of backflow / slow drainage?

if this looks under-spec’d, what ideally would be required?

Thanks, Dan.

630CBD10-25FC-43E9-B851-FA91D3DBE239.jpeg

Are you in the uk ? Here we would run a 110 mm drain run connected to the main sewer network or to septic tank if there is no sewer available, your water supplies should be sized to supply everything without a drop in supply pressure. Kop

Are you in the uk ? Here we would run a 110 mm drain run connected to the main sewer network or to septic tank if there is no sewer available, your water supplies should be sized to supply everything without a drop in supply pressure. Kop
New South Wales apparently

Looks ok to me as for water pressure that depends on what’s coming in to your house eg from the city

As an Australian Plumber - set-up looks fine to me.
If not better than average, with puddle flanges installed on the waste pipe penetrations.
( Rarely you seem them unless under showers )
Rehau or equivalent water piping - can't get much better.

Fom the pic - seems quality job / work

Thanks KOP - based in NSW Australia. The waste pipes are each 55mm inner diameter which drain under the floor for approx 2m horizontally before meeting a 110mm vertical pipe which is linked to the main sewer pipe.

Looks ok to me as for water pressure that depends on what’s coming in to your house eg from the city
Thanks Shaun, as long as the constraint is only mains supply pressure to the block that is ok - I guess I can’t do much about that. I was worried that the water supply pipes might not be sufficient to supply the sink and two dishwashers at the same time.

As an Australian Plumber - set-up looks fine to me.
If not better than average, with puddle flanges installed on the waste pipe penetrations.
( Rarely you seem them unless under showers )
Rehau or equivalent water piping - can't get much better.

Fom the pic - seems quality job / work
Thanks oz-plumber, that gives me peace of mind.

Thanks KOP - based in NSW Australia. The waste pipes are each 55mm inner diameter which drain under the floor for approx 2m horizontally before meeting a 110mm vertical pipe which is linked to the main sewer pipe.
Oz is your man if he says its ok then go with his advice mate best of luck with the build 😉. Kop

Reply to Water supply and drainage for x2 dishwasher / sink in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock