Discuss Damsel in distress!!!!! ;-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, me again! Finally the boiler problem has been solved!!!!!!! Ye, it's been ages, I know but until recently the pressure was continuing to drop every few days or so and still useless 'so called' Homeserve Plumbers useless! Was by pure luck that I found out. I switched boiler insurance to Eon instead and it was on his initial assessment that he said something that made me think. He went outside to look at the gas box and he looked up at the condensation pipe and said, 'does that look straight to you?' I said, yes, why? He said, 'ye, that's what I thought but it should be at a slight incline because otherwise the water will just fall backwards'. Then he said, 'Im surprised you arent losing pressure on your boiler'! Now, obviously I didn't tell him that it was in fact losing pressure because for them to insure you there can't be any probs when they check the system (or so im told) so I kept shtum! lol. All we did was put the white condensation pipe at a slight angle and BINGO! So far the boiler has remained at a constant pressure for some time! JUST WANTED TO COME BACK ON HERE AND THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUING HELP AND SUPPORT.....CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH! Obviously none of you would have know that the pipe wasn't fitted correctly but I just thought you might like to know that FINALLY things are on the up! THANKS GUYS! Kerry

it cant do this the only way a condensate pipe would have a bearing is if the main heat exchanger or on a band b recupirater had failed

Instead of taking out an insurance policy with any of the growing number of "Homecare" companies,put the money in a separate account and use it to pay a decent independent engineer like the ones on this forum.

Eon,BG,SP,even the bloody AA now,who's next???!!!

AA only does boilers now coz they can no longer fix modern cars, only tow them to a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless its a ideal and the aa landrover will drive over it crushing it flat

cant wait for tecos valueline boilers to come onto the shelves, all red and blue stripes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damsel in distress!!!!! ;-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock