Discuss Cylinder slow to heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j woodcock

We have installed a unvented system at 1600mtrs high in the alps,we have an lpg system boiler, a 300 litre cylinder, underfloor heating.
The cylinder heats pretty quickly to 50deg then takes about an hour to heat the last 10 deg to 60deg,i suspect the incoming cold water is colder than normal at such a height.We have tried turning boiler temp to max with no joy, any ideas?

I am not to sure but I have a big 32 duplex contract coming up so in the Pennie alps,so would be interested to find the answer to the question :D

imho

It takes water longer too heat up at altitude

your heating the water under pressure, so altitude wont have any effect on this part of the system. It would be worth while checking the boiler is operating correctly as the altitude could have some effect on the burner itself, more likely your throwing in nice cold water to start into a large 300 litre cyl which is going to take a wee while to warm up anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cylinder slow to heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock