Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cowboys benchmark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Doing subby installs the now, gaffer asks us to do him a favour and go to a flat that had been fitted out, but the gas meter hadn't went in before the install.It was supposed to be fitted on the same day. So we were to connect onto the meter and commission the boiler. Connect the gas, get fired up, my mate starts filling out the CP12. Open the MI's to fill out the benchmark to find the installer had already filled it out!! Completely!! We're fitting WB 28i's.... His gas rates were 3m for both CH and HW! If you're gonna lie at least make it believable mate!! Thinking he must get the same reading for every install eh??

I like to spice
it up with a bit of variety. And I always get tempted to put something silly in the comments of the service log.

ive seen some right cow dung attempts at benchmarks. flow and returns put down as 100 *c - 50*c, hot water flow as 30 lpm on a 28kw combi......etc.......

atleast its a good sign that the boiler was fitted by an idiot :)

I've worked with a guy that used to fill in the benchmark at the start of the job to save the hassle at the end.

I very rarely come across benchmarks filled out correctly , had a chuckle at one other day where the installer had put custs name as just 'AL'

Just out of interest what do you put in when the cust doesn't want to stump up for Trv,s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cowboys benchmark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Hi, I have Joule Cyclone 170L cylinder and just carried out the first service. Gas engineer found d1 discharge pipe is 800mm, 200mm over the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views
My gas engineer is replacing 6 gas meter boxes. He has discovered when they were installed in 1980 they used PE pipe from behind boxes. This is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the process of refurbishing a storey semi-detached house in London, UK. This is a complete refurb, including new pipes chased...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock