Search the forum,

Discuss D1 discharge pipe is over 600mm in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have Joule Cyclone 170L cylinder and just carried out the first service. Gas engineer found d1 discharge pipe is 800mm, 200mm over the manufacturer approved length. This is a new build house and this was installed last year.

Would like to know whats the impact of this. Same time the company who installed this have filled the benchmark checklist (they have ticked the box which says "The system has been installed and commissioned in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions") which is false

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20201105_121038950.jpg
    PXL_20201105_121038950.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.png
    image.png
    894.4 KB · Views: 39
Where’s the tundish as d2 is measured from the cylinder t and p

Isn’t the top one the cold pressure relief of the combination the t&p one is near the top of the cylinder

1. The D1 pipe is the pipe from the temperature and pressure relief valve (TPRV) to the tundish.
2. The D2 pipe is the pipe from the above tundish to waste.
3. D1 is a maximum of 500 mm long.
4. D2 must be (at least) one pipe size bigger than D1, and must fall vertically for at least 300 mm before any bend.
5. In actual installations, the pressure relief pipe from the combination valve is often joined to D1 and discharges through the same tundish.
6. In the OP's picture, the pipe with blue lines against the horizontal sections is the pressure relief pipe from the combination valve. It is neither D1 nor D2.
7. So far as I am aware there are no specific restrictions on the length and route of the pressure relief valve pipe, although the combination valve itself should be mounted slightly above the TPRV valve location.
8. The diagram in the original posting is wrong. The upper pipe, marked D2, is actually D1.

1. The D1 pipe is the pipe from the temperature and pressure relief valve (TPRV) to the tundish.
2. The D2 pipe is the pipe from the above tundish to waste.
3. D1 is a maximum of 500 mm long.
4. D2 must be (at least) one pipe size bigger than D1, and must fall vertically for at least 300 mm before any bend.
5. In actual installations, the pressure relief pipe from the combination valve is often joined to D1 and discharges through the same tundish.
6. In the OP's picture, the pipe with blue lines against the horizontal sections is the pressure relief pipe from the combination valve. It is neither D1 nor D2.
7. So far as I am aware there are no specific restrictions on the length and route of the pressure relief valve pipe, although the combination valve itself should be mounted slightly above the TPRV valve location.
8. The diagram in the original posting is wrong. The upper pipe, marked D2, is actually D1.
Hi thanks for the reply. I put the diagram from the installation manual. So do you this this installation is correct? My concern is this cylinder has 25 year warranty, but it has to be installed as per manufacture guidance which I thought is not done as per that

Also I checked the building regulation document - Sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency: Approved Document G page 23/24

Thanks

Looks fine to me just 600mm from the cylinder to the tundish

Reply to D1 discharge pipe is over 600mm in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock