Discuss Connection for Duravit Starck 3 toilet cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milleniumaire

Hi, sorry for what will be a trivial question to a seasoned plumber, but I've just purchased a new Duravit Starck 3 toilet and cistern (close to wall version).

I want to purchase a flexible hose to connect the cistern to the 15mm pipe providing the cold water supply, but there are lots of different size hoses and I don't know which to get. From what I can see there are 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, 15mm etc hoses. I know it needs to be a 15mm compression fitting at one end, but does anyone know what size is best to get for the other end? Also, hoses seem to be usually 300mm in length. Is it possible to get a longer hose e.g. 400mm? I've also seen some hoses with a built in isolation valve, which seems a good idea.

Do all cisterns have a standard connection size or does it depend on the manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the manufacturer. Wait till the WC arrives and check the size of the end of the fill valve before purchasing your flexi hose.

Your flexi needs to be long enough to allow you to maneuvre the WC into position. You can get longer ones

Get a good quality flexi hose as you don't want it to leak

Only bother with a flexi with an iso valve if it is actually accessible when the WC is in position or its a waste of effort.

Thanks for responding. After posting here I also sent a message to Duravit and they responded saying I needed a 3/8" to 1/2" flexible hose and gave me a Duravit product code. I can see this is a 30mm long hose, but surely the 1/2" end won't connect to standard 15mm pipes and so would need an adapter.

I've been looking around for a 3/8" to 15mm hose and I can see them being sold online, but they are usually 300mm and I would prefer 400mm for the very reason you mention - allow the WC to be pulled away from the wall. I guess it depends how close to the cistern connection the piping reaches as to how much spare there would be in a 300mm hose.

I get the impression that the 3/8" connection isn't standard in the UK. None of the diy stores sell them, they all seem to sell 1/2" instead. Is there a reason for this do you know?

you can get bushes to increase the 3/8 fitting up to 1/2" quite easily. i think you can get flexi hoses in 500mm if that helps. have a look on toolstation or sc rewfix (the gap is deliberate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connection for Duravit Starck 3 toilet cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock