Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Ultimate Toilet Set Up to Deal With Bowl Busting Poos! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Blobert

Hello,

I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets.

Across multiple houses I've run into issues with it so I don't think it's one toilet specific, it's just me. I seem to produce a lot of poo!

While it sounds a funny prediciment, the reality of having to keep sticks or some other devide for breaking up poos and then have the indignity of walking through the house with said "poo sticks" in a bag to dispose of them for years on end is not fun! And I find I'm spending more of my life dealing with my waste than I'd like to.

At the moment we're building a new house and so I want to have a toilet solution that can handle my hefty turds if possible.

Wierdly the rental house we've moved to seems to have great toilets. I'm using a Duravit wall mounted toiled with hidden cistern in the wall and have had zero issues all year. Whatever I've produced, is always flushed in one go. That said a possible other factor is this toilet is on the first floor and the house we're building, and the one we were living in before then are bungalows (I'm not sure if upstairs toiltets are more powerful to drain but I suspect they are)

Anyway what I'd ideally like is a wall mounted toilet with wall inbuilt cistern that will never fail me and get rid of my poos with one flush. That said I'd do anything to avoid future "poo sticks" so open to trying anything!

From reading online it seems a large wall mounted cistern would in theory be best but there are hard to sourse and will look really out of place in a modern house. I'm not sure if you could get an in built one where the cistern was higher up and if this would make much of a difference. I wouldn't care if the flush button was at head height if needs be.

I've seen mention of "pressure assisted toilets" but can't find any of them (I'm in Ireland and was planing to get my equiptment from Germany). I also see mention of wanting toilets with a larger trapway, but I'm not sure if I can find anything suitable, I don't see it mentioned in the specs of the toilets. I supect the Duravit toilet I'm using may be decent in this regard and I think the toilets we had in a previous house were cheap skinny looking wall mounted ones so may have had reduced outlets.

I'm also not opposed to somthing with a larger cistern if it's an option. I see there are some limits on cistern volume but to be honest I often have to wind up doing 3+ flushes with most toilets so it's not going to be wasteful if I can get it done with one bigger flush.

Anyway I'd really appreciate any help. Within reason money is no object here. I just want to be able to poo in peace and without fear of blocked toilets!

Thanks!

The modern wc's all seem to be smaller diameter outlets than older ones. Before I retired, we had offices in part of a hospital. The toilet blocks were old (perhaps 1950's from the styling?) with normal for the time low level wc's. After the drinking water was condemned (fine for sick kids to have drunk for years, but no good for office workers!) & a new main fitted, a wholesale refurbishment was done including all new toilet facilities. Therefter we had endless trouble with the new wc's blocking almost daily - the traps seem to be smaller in size within the pan. I've noticed this at home too - our upstairs bathroom is newish whilst the downstairs toilet is pre 1970's & is noticebaly larger in the trap.
It seems that Euro bogs don't suit a good old British Standard Turd😉

Upstairs toilets are not more powerful to drain. The toilet discharges to the soil (waste) pipe which is vented. Since the pipe is vented, there is no suction developed and the height of the WC above the sewer will make no difference whatsoever (unless the bungalow toilet waste branch was partially obstructed, but that's a separate issue).

New house? Compost toilet as a 'secondary' toilet would be one solution, though I've yet to see one I entirely like, much as I approve of the concept, and they don't suit all situations/people.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box the UK population is getting bigger , bigger people produce bigger poos 😂 add a plant based diet and you will inevitably go more often , a larger adult needs a larger toilet so look at toilets from the USA . I have found a list of strong flushing toilets below . Regards kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211-063700.png
    Screenshot_20221211-063700.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Looking for Ultimate Toilet Set Up to Deal With Bowl Busting Poos! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the last year I've noticed i can hear when my neighbor flush their toilet through my downstairs toilet - this is a relatively new thing, so am assuming its...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I noticed when I was cleaning the toilet the other day that there are some large cracks just under the rim jet area of my toilet bowl. The toilet itself is old, I've not noticed it before, but I dont usually go looking inside the toilet much, just pop some bleach up there etc. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock