Search the forum,

Discuss Condensing Boiler not commissioned in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new condensing boiler fitted last March. At the same time I was refurbishing my house and when the plumber had finished fitting the boiler he said he couldn't complete the commissioning as he needed to do a check where he needed to run the bath tap as that provided the best flow rate, however the bath was not fitted at the time so he said he would come back. Still waiting. I have phoned him and sent him texts, he always replies and says he will be around next week. The last time I contacted him I made a sarky comment and he got quite annoyed blaming me as the bath was not fitted, true however if he had told me when he started fitting the boiler I could have made sure the bath was fitted, he told me 5 minutes before he left. He also said he was going to come round in July but I went on holiday.
I tried to get another plumber to come and commission it but he did not want to get involved as he is local and the one who fitted it is local. He said the best thing to do is tell the original plumber that I was going to contact 'Gas safe' to ask for guidance and he would probably come running.
In addition there is one pipe coming straight down from the bottom of the boiler about 8 in, he actually told me that this was the pressure relief pipe. I thought at the time that this should go through the wall and now I know it should. I was going to fix that myself but as it comes down about 4 in from the wall I wanted to take it off and fabricate a pipe that came down close to the wall before taking it through the wall as it would look neater. Although I could easily do the job it involves disconnection and reconnection at the boiler and maybe should only be done by a 'Gas Safe' plumber.
What would do forum members think I should do?

Don't touch it. Get the plumber back to finish the job. If he doesn't, then contact Gas Safe for guidance as advised by other plumber. Is there more to this story???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing Boiler not commissioned in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock