Discuss Condensing Boiler not commissioned in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new condensing boiler fitted last March. At the same time I was refurbishing my house and when the plumber had finished fitting the boiler he said he couldn't complete the commissioning as he needed to do a check where he needed to run the bath tap as that provided the best flow rate, however the bath was not fitted at the time so he said he would come back. Still waiting. I have phoned him and sent him texts, he always replies and says he will be around next week. The last time I contacted him I made a sarky comment and he got quite annoyed blaming me as the bath was not fitted, true however if he had told me when he started fitting the boiler I could have made sure the bath was fitted, he told me 5 minutes before he left. He also said he was going to come round in July but I went on holiday.
I tried to get another plumber to come and commission it but he did not want to get involved as he is local and the one who fitted it is local. He said the best thing to do is tell the original plumber that I was going to contact 'Gas safe' to ask for guidance and he would probably come running.
In addition there is one pipe coming straight down from the bottom of the boiler about 8 in, he actually told me that this was the pressure relief pipe. I thought at the time that this should go through the wall and now I know it should. I was going to fix that myself but as it comes down about 4 in from the wall I wanted to take it off and fabricate a pipe that came down close to the wall before taking it through the wall as it would look neater. Although I could easily do the job it involves disconnection and reconnection at the boiler and maybe should only be done by a 'Gas Safe' plumber.
What would do forum members think I should do?

Don't touch it. Get the plumber back to finish the job. If he doesn't, then contact Gas Safe for guidance as advised by other plumber. Is there more to this story???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing Boiler not commissioned in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock