Discuss Combi pilot light goes out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pilot light goes out whenever there is a demand. The fan is working and the pressure is up to normal.
I've had someone look at it but dont have much confidence in them.
Can anyone advise?

I agree, I understood this was a plumbers forum not a gas self help for diy, from then questions its obvious our boy knows ziltch and helping him only encourages him to break the law. If your not gas safe dont touch it and dont ask is my opinion

Hmm!

DIY repairs are the same story all the time.

People probably do it simply either to save money or to save from spending money they don't have.

Unfortunately combis seem everywhere and when they go off you loose all heat and hot water of any reasonable amount. Most houses don't seem to have an alternative heat source.

So what would you do, if the wife and kids are freezing and wanting a wash and you have no money to pay for a central heating repair person?

Don't forget £7ph on minimum wages, is not much, to pay a bill of £75ph or £160 repair fees plus perhaps materials.

My approach is to tell them what is involved and whether it may be a simple fix or not. Then explain what may be involved and any dangers.

Then at least if they do decide to have a go, its better they know something and perhaps be a danger, than perhaps to have a go knowing nothing and perhaps be a bigger danger.

Lets not forget, DIY gas repairs in your own home, are not illegal, just daft and dangerous if your not a competent gas person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm!

DIY repairs are the same story all the time.

So what would you do, if the wife and kids are freezing and wanting a wash and you have no money to pay for a central heating repair person?

QUOTE]

You should send them to work down pit or up cleaning chimneys,like the good old days,to much mamby bamby these days
If you can not afford to provide food,heating , Niki trainers ,Rolf Lauren shirts ,X boxes, 32" flat screen tv's and top range laptops with interchangable coloured covers,you should not be irresponsible and bring childred into this wonderful world!:eek:

went to a house with coats on the beds as extra blankets and a 50 inch plasma in the lounge and yes they didnt stop moaning about what it would cost to reair their boiler

Bernie2

Bernie2, a sensible attitude to my query like yours was all I was hoping for. I'm not some gung ho diy'er and was requesting info to enable me to make an informed choice, not the precious attitude of some posters.

You find that alot Steve, funniest one was with a guy who was moaning over 100 pounds i took off him for a repair on a fire, and he drove a bentley!

Re: Bernie2

If you spend 3 -4 years training learning to do a competent job then you can feel precious with ones attitude to those who are asking questions about areas they do not have sufficient knowledge or experience to work on.

I still do not comprehend why people are looking to do work themselves to save a bit of cash and risk here most valued possessions ie wife and kids,

Its time hse took a home owner to court and prove they werent competent to carry out gas work and were the cause of an accident/death and stop the stupidity that occurs on a regular basis.

Yep Im precious and rightly so

Re: Bernie2

Blo*dy right mate !! Took me years of training and experience to get hold of my gas ticket and it's precious to me too.
If anyone can work on their boilers at a risk to other people then I need'nt have bothered !!!!!
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi pilot light goes out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock