Search the forum,

Discuss combi double feed tank/cylinder rads hot but water cold!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mannersme

was wondering if anyone could offer any advice, the system was recently drained for a radiator to be changed.
After refilling all rads were bled, as well as a bleed valve situated near the cyclinder.
The radiators are working fine if anything they appear to be a little hotter than normal but the water is running tepid at best,.
When the hot water/central heating is running there are several things happening (not at same time and not at set intervals, just randomly. if that makes sense)
Some banging from the bolier, each `bang` makes the pilot light burn bright orange momentarily.
Sounds like an aircraft taking off from the boiler, after a click sound noise dies down.
pump seems to be trying `to hard` whirring.
can here water whoosing through pump.

I`ve added a picture of cylinder just to be sure, but if it is a combi cylinder then surely draining the rads would have no effect on hot water supply, or is this merely a coincedence??

Also water does heat up if the immersion heater is used, although this takes several hours.

many many thanks in advance for any help, Seems i`m nearing the `christmas approaching everything conk out` period of our household again.....never rains eh!! lol

Hi , what make & model of boiler & cyclinder do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi double feed tank/cylinder rads hot but water cold!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock