Discuss City and guilds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste b

I am new to the forum and up to now have really liked what i have read on this forum,hopefully i will get to know one or two peeps on the site a bit better in the future,i am currently employed but not in the plumbing industry at the moment, i am currently taking a course in basic plumbing level 2 city and guilds, after which i am told i can continue with the level 2 nvq,and then hopefully level 3 nvq, can i ask anyone that knows, would it be possible to get a job in plumbing after i have have done the basic plumbing course or am i better staying employed who i am with now out of the plumbing industry and doing my nvq level 2, i have been told i have to be employed in plumbing to take the level 2 nvq, i am a little confused as to where i stand at the moment, any help would be gratefully appreciated, i am studying 3 nights a week at the moment for 12 months and have been told some peeps have gone on to run there own business after the city and guilds, personnally i cant really see how someone can do this with so little experience............but i could be wrong......

cheers

you can run your own business without any nvq's etc.

you not seen them on rogue traders ? they haven't got a clue.

i won't employ anyone with less than 6129, 6089 nvq 2 & 5 yrs experience
i won't touch, interveiw any fast track courses or ex bg.
and many have the same terms.

Cheers, yeah i seen them, it unreal what they do and most get away with it too,that only a tiny % thats on them programs,the course i on is city and guilds level 2 in basic plumbing 6129,correct me if i wrong,thanks again for replying thats good to know........

ps my course is 3 nights a week (10 half hours) for 12 mths, its hard work i just wanna be sure its worth it,then hopefully go on for nvq lvl2 ,

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have been quite lucky to get on an evening course, they are a rarity round here - south east london.

Basically your 6129 is a course to be done in house and the 6089 is a vocational work based course so you do need to be out and about to fulfil the requirements of it.

The way I see it is that the 6129 is your basic training and the 6089 is the proof you can apply what you hae learnt out in the real world.

I wouldnt say lucky its took me 5 years to get on this course m8, but i know where your coming from lol,its bloody hard work though with the day job as well, but i have a good woman at home looking after me lol,hopefully go on to level 2 nvq next year butcould really do with some work at the weekends and i would do it for free just to get some sort of experience,hey cheers guys speak soon..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City and guilds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock