Search the forum,

Discuss cistern trickling down into bowl and constantly filling up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

droodle

Hi i have an issue on my toilet where the cistern trickles water into the bowl - and eventually the top up system kicks in to fill the cystern up again - this is an annoyance due to the water wastage - where would you suggest to look first to rectify the issue.

thanks.

Check operation of float, and diaphragm etc ok.Adjust water level to 25mm below overflow height and see if this helps.

Hi! droodle,

If you have a standard cistern syphon, it may be that the internal diaphragm washer inside the syphon bell is caught causing a continuous syphoning action .

It usually shows up by a constant stream of water running in to the bowl and the ball valve topping the cistern level up.

The only way to repair is to take the syphon out and renew the washer or replace syphon.

Check its not a two piece syphon that comes apart to be re washered before you take it out.

If its not a standard syphon but a flap valve, then its re washer the valve.

if the siphon is a flap type and you use toilet blocks, the sludge at the bottom of the cistern can get on the seal and stop it sealing properly.
all you have to do to stop this is drain the cistern(water off and flush) remove the sludge and whipe seal clean fill up and off you go.
And dont use toilet blocks

or if its push button type is the flush button sticking and pushing the valve down inside enough to let water by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cistern trickling down into bowl and constantly filling up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock