Search the forum,

Discuss chaffo. britony 2t pilot on when no demand in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy_plumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, absolute pain this one. Went to change diaphragm but none of my ones I had would fit. So put it back together and this bugger wouldn't work correctly. Spent 4 hours there today, had everything apart, cleaned, but no joy. Ignition is ok but as soon as you twist the knob anticlockwise it will go to full rate even that hot tap is still closed. I ran out of ideas, could anybody please give me some pointers?

Also I cant adjust slow ignition device as its seized but heater was working before I opened manifold

Many thanks,
martin

Hi guys, absolute pain this one. Went to change diaphragm but none of my ones I had would fit. So put it back together and this bugger wouldn't work correctly. Spent 4 hours there today, had everything apart, cleaned, but no joy. Ignition is ok but as soon as you twist the knob anticlockwise it will go to full rate even that hot tap is still closed. I ran out of ideas, could anybody please give me some pointers?

Also I cant adjust slow ignition device as its seized but heater was working before I opened manifold

Many thanks,
martin

You have not purged all the outlets of air, or dead legs when drained or you have bent or jammed the pin, that is attached to the bearing plate pal, do not touch slow ignition no need on these, puzzled why diaphragm would not fit common as muck

i cleaned the pin and put bit of lubricant on it, run water through until no air. about diaphragm, i was at job few month ago and didnt remember manufacturer thus wrong one. nevertheless could there be something else wrong?

PS: I only purged air from the tap next to the heater, how do other taps affect function?

cheers

Last edited:
20140112_170957[1].jpgno, something was there extra. way for it..will post pic, maybe some of you can identify purpose of that stupid ring. It fell of from somewhere and i thought it was inside the manifold but didnt work no matter what i've tried, took it out and first go. anybody has idea where it can be from?

Last edited:
View attachment 16710no, something was there extra. way for it..will post pic, maybe some of you can identify purpose of that stupid ring. It fell of from somewhere and i thought it was inside the manifold but didnt work no matter what i've tried, took it out and first go. anybody has idea where it can be from?

haha you plonker pal, it's a brass ring that goes around the spindle to stop the case crushing in, when you tighten the screw behind the brown plate ( the one with the metal bar with 2 indentions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chaffo. britony 2t pilot on when no demand in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
*Ive re posted this from the open forum* Hello, im a gas safe engineer and im having a nightmare with a britony 2t pilot problem.. I was called to the heater which had a water leak due to the burner staying on after the tap was turned off.. (burner was beading with gas) So i installed a...
Replies
Views
fastnova
F
F
Hello, im a gas safe engineer and im having a nightmare with a britony 2t pilot problem.. I was called to the heater which had a water leak due to the burner staying on after the tap was turned off.. (burner was beading with gas) So i installed a complete new gas water section to the heater...
Replies
Views
fastnova
F
Got called out today for a fault on a chaffoteaux et maury britony 2 water heater.The pilot would not light, no gas comming through tube to pilot.I removed the tube and removed the injector, thought it might have been blocked.I then turned the ignition knob to see if any gas was comming through...
Replies
Views
broggo
B
B
Help again please. Old Britony 2T water heater (regularly serviced) which heats the water in the kitchen & bathroom. The pilot light keeps going out when I turn the dial to the flame symbol after lighting it. We have been away for 10 days & returned to find the pilot light has gone out (1st...
Replies
Views
Shinybob
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock