Discuss Cast Iron Soil Pipe Junction Rotation/Removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigskelly

I have a cast iron soil pipe to which I wish to connect a new soil pipe from a toilet located in a different position to the existing one. This requires either rotating the existing soil pipe junction or probably inserting a new plastic one. What is the best method to rotate/remove the old one (I moved one once before by digging out the lead but it took ages.

You have shown a lot patience removing old lead from joint,We would normally grind section out,and use clamped slip coupling,with new cast tee,however bracket/supports on old cast must be secure,not a good idea to put plastic in between two cast sections,how big /what height is the soil pipe,on a normal property it is often easier just to replace cast above cut point completely with black plastic

Thanks Puddle.
I think I will take your advice and keep the lower section of cast iron pipe but will remove and replace the T and pipe above (quite a long/heavy pipe that one) with plastic. The one I did before seemed like a good idea at the time as all I needed to achieve was to raise the height of the pipe feeding the toilet by a couple of inches after I had raised the floor - it did however take ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast Iron Soil Pipe Junction Rotation/Removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock