Discuss Cap internal blow off (prv) and fit on pipe work instead? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is against gas safety regs as you are altering the design of the boiler

If it has isolation valves beneath the Boiler I would say no. You do not want a situation where the boiler can be isolated without any form of relief.
If you permanently removed the isolation valves then it would be safe.

Another problem with h doing it that way, is that the valve would be open and the valves are not designed to hold pressure on the outlet side of the valve.

Remeha advanta plus and it has the usual isolators on the flow return and Gas as they enter the boiler. But if you shut these on a system boiler or even a modern heat only boiler then the flow switch won’t allow the boiler to fire ?

Ive never come accross a heat only with isos underneath or on top?

System boiler yes. But he said "modern heat only boiler"

Heat onlys don't have prvs

Heat onlys don't have prvs

I know, read the message i quoted bud. He wrote about closing iso's on heat onlys...thats why i said ive never come accross a heat only with iso's. Incase it goes kaboom with no prv.

I know, read the message i quoted bud. He wrote about closing iso's on heat onlys...thats why i said ive never come accross a heat only with iso's. Incase it goes kaboom with no prv.

40cdi has ISO valves and no prv there out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cap internal blow off (prv) and fit on pipe work instead? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please. I want to remove the cold water pipe...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock