Search the forum,

Discuss Old pipe sizes and new fittings in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place.
So we bought the new taps and I tried fitting them yesterday but the new taps don't have the same fitting length as the old ones, this wasn't aproblem on the hot supply as there was plenty of movement on the pipe, however as the cold supply was basically immovable as it's connected to a bunch of other items and hte day was getting late I decided to fit a lever ball valve in the supply so we couled at least have teh water turned back on.
The trouble is that the old cold supply pipe is only 21.65mm diameter and the internal diameter of the olives is 22.2mm so the fit is a bit sloppy.
I tried tignetening it up but it still has a very sslow drip.
Any advise on this? Can I get a screw-on convertor (it's a very tight space I have to work in and don't want to have to use solder and a blow torch) or is it a major piple replacement?
All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reply to Old pipe sizes and new fittings in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock