Discuss Broag Remeha Avanta or Worcester Bosch or Vokera ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boiler10

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all. I have a Glowworm EP40f boiler that has been in for approx 12 - 13 years and has been trouble free up until now.
The fuse has gone twice and it sounds like the fan might be on it's way out and causing the fuse to blow.
We have been recommended to change the boiler. 3 brands have been recommended. Broag Remeha Avanta, Worcester Bosch cdi, or Vokera.
Not sure what to do really. Is it worth replacing the fan on this boiler, or is it best just to change it. I am aware that the fan assembly costs approx 150.00 plus fitting, however is it possible for a gas engineer to diagnose which part within the boiler is causing the fuse to go ?

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all. I have a Glowworm EP40f boiler that has been in for approx 12 - 13 years and has been trouble free up until now.
The fuse has gone twice and it sounds like the fan might be on it's way out and causing the fuse to blow.
We have been recommended to change the boiler. 3 brands have been recommended. Broag Remeha Avanta, Worcester Bosch cdi, or Vokera.
Not sure what to do really. Is it worth replacing the fan on this boiler, or is it best just to change it. I am aware that the fan assembly costs approx 150.00 plus fitting, however is it possible for a gas engineer to diagnose which part within the boiler is causing the fuse to go ?

Well your boiler is coming to the end of its economical life and replacing would be a good idea but its also about budget

Boilers blowing fuse's is usually cause by the pump or fan unit

All the boilers you mention are quality boilers,with the Volkera you have to make sure you get one of their top models as they do economy cost cutting models as well
Thought you would have had Vaillant in there ,although they seem to be causing more problems over the last few years
My preferance would be Broag Remeha Avanta,as good reliable boilers and stainless steel heat exchanger,but we all have out favs

Last edited by a moderator:
You have asked the same question on three forums. If you get several different recommendations from each, how will you decide which one to follow? Or will you start a new topic on each forum asking that question? :rolleyes:

Hi, thanks for all your replies and apologies for posting the same in other forums. The general consensus seems to be that a repair on our existing boiler is a better option rather than having it changed. Hopefully though, the part that is malfunctioning can be easily identified and replaced.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Broag Remeha Avanta or Worcester Bosch or Vokera ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock